ZMC KY Forums
Please Login or Register to use the Forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ZMC KY Forums
Please Login or Register to use the Forums.
ZMC KY Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 35 registered users
The newest registered user is hanamarga

Our users have posted a total of 154 messages in 78 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 17 on Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:45 pm

My Recent Activity

3 posters

Go down

My Recent Activity Empty My Recent Activity

Post by AmandaB Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:38 pm

I work for a Property Management company and we tend to collect a lot of junk after a while. I've talked to my Office Manager about our company donating some items to the Brickhouse and she said that they certainly wouldn't mind doing that. I haven't been in our storage area in a while, but I know the last time I was there, there were some old printers, scanners, and computers that we may be able to use. I was hoping that we could get a project started to do a few things to spruce up the Brickhouse and potentially create a work station for us out of donated computers and other equipment. I'm going to try to take a peek at the storage room and confirm the items that we do have. If I have time, I'd like to make sure some of this equipment works!! Very Happy
Also, I know they do LAN parties occassionally. (I know this is probably a stupid question, but how do you have LAN parties w/o the internet? I know I'm probably missing something here. I guess I've only been exposed to MMO & FPS LAN parties.)
I thought this would be a good fund raising idea for us. I don't believe the Brickhouse has internet yet. I'm hoping they do or this is something that they can get soon enough because we could use our Sunday's as project days if we have a decent enough work station.
Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks!
AmandaB
AmandaB
Admin

Back to top Go down

My Recent Activity Empty RE: Recent Activity

Post by AmandaB Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:43 am

So I've got a few items to donate to the Brick House. They are:

2 – CPUs
HP Printer
Lexmark Printer
4 – Old Monitors
3 – Old Keyboards
Battery BackUp
Sharp copier/fax

I'm not sure if these items work. We can test them out, see if we can fix them, and if not, I know of a place that we can recycle electronics. I'm hoping we can get at least two computers out of this. It would be nice for us to have a work station at the Brick House.
I am going to call Kathy with the Brickhouse this afternoon about picking up these items as well as any other projects that need to be done there, i.e. painting, cleaning, etc. I'm hoping I can get a little participation (hint, hint). If we are going to use the Brickhouse on a regular basis, it would be nice if we can utilize it to the best of our abilities. The Brickhouse is nice enough to give us this space and free reign/ responsibility. I think we should take advantage of this.
Also, when I went there last Sunday the 14th I had talked to Kathy about getting some bands booked there. My boyfriend is working on renting that space out for his band so that they can be a "house" band there and schedule their own shows, practice, etc. This will work out great for us b/c the Brickhouse will staff collective members for that show and will pay them up to $20 per person. I think this will be a nice way for our collective to raise money. This will also be a great way for us to network and raise awareness about the movement.
AmandaB
AmandaB
Admin

Back to top Go down

My Recent Activity Empty Re: My Recent Activity

Post by JustinH - Admin Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:22 pm

I concur Amanda and all money raised for us will go into the treasury, which I have set up already through an online storage, but for cases such as cash, since we aren't using traditional banks, I'm still pondering that one.

I think we should help them with whatever they need too, like you said, painting, etc. I'm always down for helping out.
JustinH - Admin
JustinH - Admin
Admin

http://www.zeitgeistkentucky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:36 am

I know it's just two more people, but if we can schedule a day to work up there in advance me and my co-worker could probably request off 1 or two days and assist in painting or whatever is needed.. We live a couple hours away from Louisville, but he has family there so I'm sure it would be no problem to come up and help..
But I would have to know a couple to a few weeks in advance because of work, and so I could tell you if we can make (I have birthday season coming up, like 8 in two months, so some of my off days will have to be spent with family).
Charlie
Charlie

https://www.facebook.com/Charlie.ryan13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum